My children love pasta dishes but hate vegetables in them, so I adapted this recipe and they loved it.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (12 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (8 ounce) containers chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté garlic.
- Add chicken and sauté on both sides. Season with salt and pepper and add chicken broth. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add pasta and stir in cream cheese until smooth.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.