Don’t let the title of my blog mislead you. I am by no way a Chef, just a wife and mom trying to please my family.
Ivy, together with two other lovely ladies, Giz, at Equal Opportunity Kitchen and Val, at More than Burnt Toast created this Social Network to bring awareness about hunger. They are also going to publish a Cookbook by the end of the year and all money will be going to School Meals, a programme of the World Food Programme.
I bookmarked this recipe from Ivy’s blog and my whole family and I have been enjoying it as I have made it more than once.
I saw some events going on at BloggerAid and decided to write my first post and participate at these events.
Risotto with Shrimps and Mushrooms
Recipe adapted from Ivy’s blog
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 500 grams Arborio rice
- 1 kilo frozen shrimps
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ripe tomatoes grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons, olive oil
- 3 tablespoons, balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Chicken stock (about 4 cups)
1. In a large skillet heat the olive oil and sauté mushrooms. Remove and set aside.
2. Add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
3. Add the rice and sauté for a few minutes. Add the wine and vinegar and mix.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the tomatoes and mix and start adding the chicken stock gradually. When it is absorbed continue adding and mixing.
6. Five minutes before the rice is ready, add the shrimps and the mushrooms and keep adding stock and mixing.
7. Remove from the heat and serve while hot.